Flood damage is the leading cause of property damage in North America. In order to prevent a basement flood, there are a few things that you can do. These steps include:
• Making sure that eavestroughs and downspouts are cleaned and positioned to direct water away from your house
• Checking to ensure that there is appropriate drainage below your window wells
• Inspecting your walls and the exterior foundation and repairing any cracks
• Installing a sump pump as needed
• Ensuring the ground slopes away from your home
Catching potential drainage issues or leaks is important. The sooner you spot an issue, the smaller the issue will be and therefore, you should be able to handle it more easily. Watch for water stains, peeling paint and, of course, visible water inside the basement.
To learn more about adding a flood detector to your security system, call 1-800-265-5317, or just CLICK HERE.