Amherstburg Police released this important communication regarding a rash of recent daytime Break and Enters.
The Amherstburg Police Service is currently investigating an increase of Daytime Break and Enters. The B&E’s have occurred in different areas throughout the community.
It is believed that the suspects are of Eastern European descent and may be both males and females working together. The suspect(s) will drive around the neighborhood in a newer model vehicle casing the area looking for the opportunity to break into a residence. The suspect(s) are looking for the following opportunities;
• Day light hours
• Open Garage Door or Front Door
• Victim in yard doing yard work
• Victim just leaving residence
• Suspect may approach door with pamphlets
Amherstburg Police are asking residents to report any suspicious activity to police, which may include;
• Vehicles driving up and down the street several times
• Vehicles parked on road for extended periods of time with occupants in vehicle
• People going door to door with pamphlets
• Any suspicious person(s) walking up and down street or standing in one location for extended times
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Amherstburg Police Service at 519-736-3622 or Windsor/Essex Crime Stoppers at 519-258-8477.
To schedule a free, no-obligation security evaluation of your home call 1-800-265-5317 or just CLICK HERE.