More than just burglar alarms, security systems can protect your home or business with environmental monitoring such as flood protection.
At this time of year, pipes could freeze and burst. Here are some tips for preventing frozen pipes.
• Insulate any pipes in your home’s crawl space, attic and outside walls.
• Seal any leaks that may allow cold air inside where pipes are located.
• Check for air leaks around pipes, electrical wiring, and dryer vents. Even a tiny opening can let in enough cold air to cause a pipe to freeze.
• Disconnect garden hoses, shut off the indoor valve and drain water from pipes leading to outside faucets.
• If you are going to be away, ask a friend or neighbor to check the thermostat in your house.
• With Security ONE Total Connect, you can see – and control – your thermostat remotely from your smart phone, tablet, or PC.
CLICK HERE to learn more about about adding water sensors or sump pump sensors to your security system.