With winter now nicely settled in, the reality of water pipes freezing sets in as well. The addition of low temperature sensors to your security system can alert you to a potential problem BEFORE it becomes a major problem causing significant damage to your home.
Here a few tips to prevent your pipes from freezing:
- When an extreme cold sets in, turn on a tap to keep the water moving.
- Open cupboards and cabinets in the kitchen and washrooms to circulate warm air
- Turn the temperature up a few degrees at night
- Add insulation sleeves to any pipes that run along the exterior walls
- Drain any pipes or hoses leading to your outdoor water taps and shut the outdoor water taps off.
- Keep the heat on when you are away for an extended period of time
Security systems do so much more than just preventing break-ins. By adding low temperature sensors to your security system, you protect your home and family from environmental damage as well.
To add low temperature sensors to your security system, call 1-800-265-5317 or just CLICK HERE.