Weather conditions can often be unpredictable, placing extra demands on your vehicle and your driving skills. Ensure you are well prepared for winter roads and always adjust your driving speed to road and weather conditions.
Always drive according to road and weather conditions. By staying alert, slowing down, you’ll have a better chance at maintaining control.
- Keep a distance of three car-lengths between you and the vehicle in front of you
- Keep your vehicle winter-ready with regular maintenance check-ups.
- Keep your fuel tank at least half full
- Keep your windshield washer fluid at least half full. Keep an extra jug in the vehicle.
- Clear all the snow and ice from your windows, lights, mirrors and the roof.
- After starting your vehicle, wait for the frost or fog to clear from the inside of the windows.
- Check the air pressure in the tires regularly. Cold weather decreases air pressure quickly.