Fire officials recommend testing your smoke & carbon monoxide detectors at least twice a year. While the easiest time to do that is when you change your clocks, you may have forgotten to do this important task. Here are some fire safety tips you need to know.
If your smoke or carbon monoxide detectors are battery operated, change the batteries twice per year in the spring and in the fall. If the devices are hard wired, test them to make sure they are working properly.
Its also a good time to review all of your fire safety items:
- Check all electrical cords to make sure they are old and frayed
- Clean up dead grass, leaves and other bushes around the yard that could be a fire hazard
- Check fire extinguishers and have them serviced if necessary
- Go over the family fire escape plan
- Clean out the BBQ and have fuel repairs if necessary
Fire officials recommend changing smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors every 7 years.
To learn more about adding monitored smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to your security system, and our Spring Life Safety Device Special, call 1-800-265-5317 or just CLICK HERE!