You’ve already got a home security system. Great! How can you further protect yourself from burglary?
Here’s a few tips:
Know your Alarm:
- Make sure you have a yard sign from Security ONE, and decals for your windows.
- Knowing the difference between “stay” mode and “away” mode. Get in the habit of arming your home alarm system to its fullest potential.
When You Go On Vacation:
- Have the Canada Post hold your mail. Have the newspaper stop delivery.
- Use timed lighting in your home. Otherwise, keep a few lights on.
- Don’t mention on your voicemail that you will be out of town.
- Don’t post it on facebook – or other social media sites you may use.
- Make sure your yard looks well kept. That will further give the impression that someone is home.
Put an End to False Alarms:
Here are a few simple things to make sure your system is working correctly and that the emergency authorities are only being dispatched when appropriate.
- If you change your code, please let us know. Same thing goes for changes in authorized users.
- Have all users practice arming and disarming the system. This includes children and anyone watching your house when away.
- Keep your system up to date with proper maintenance. This includes changing the battery when necessary.
- Make sure the doors are closed tightly before arming the system.
- Keep the instruction manual nearby.
- If you are having equipment errors, notify Security ONE immediately.
- Your home alarm should be tested regularly. Just give us a call first.