Fall is here, the days have gotten shorter, the temperatures are cooler, and the leaves are starting to change colour. After a great summer, it’s time to get back into the swing of regularly scheduled household chores. It’s also the time to get ready for winter.
Here are a few fall security tips and safety tips that will keep you safe and secure all season:
Check your heating and cooling systems
• The air conditioner has been turned off or put away, its almost time to turn on the heat. Take this time to get your heating and cooling systems serviced and inspected. Make sure there are no electrical problems, cracked pipes or clogged filters. Damaged systems can cause serious problems including fires.
Remember to check your smoke detectors
• We’ve turned back the clocks and now it’s time to check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working correctly. Doing so could save your life. This is a great opportunity to upgrade to monitored smoke detectors and carbon detectors on your security system for even greater security.
Improve your lighting
• Criminals prefer to take advantage of the darkness when committing crimes. During this time of year, the days are shorter and the nights are longer. This means that there’s more darkness for criminals to work with. Installing motion-activated lighting on your property is an easy and cost-effective way to improve your security.
Clean up your yard
• Rake leaves, clean gutters and perform maintenance on your property before the winter arrives. Doing so will keep your home safer and reduce the risk of floods, clogged drains and other issues.
Stock up on emergency supplies for winter
• Make sure you have shovels, ice salt and ice scrapers at home and in the car. It’s better to get them now before you need them than to be stranded without them during the first winter storm.
By being proactive and taking some precautions, you can be sure to have a safe, happy and secure fall. Take advantage of our Fall Life Safety special – buy 2 wireless smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors, get 10% off! Call 1-800-265-5317 or just CLICK HERE.