7 Summer Security Tips To Keep You Safe
- Locked windows & doors before you leave. We know it sounds simple but its shocking how many people forget to lock the door. Police say 30% of break-ins occur through an unlocked door
- Don’t forget to set the alarm. With our Remote-control app, you can check if your system is armed or disarmed from your phone or tablet.
- Get someone to park in your driveway while you’re away. A car in driveway is an obvious sign that somebody is likely at home making it less appealing to a criminal.
- Stop your mail service or have a neighbor pick up your mail. Junk mail overflowing from a mailbox is a sure sign that nobody is home.
- Find a house sitter. Having someone come over to open and close curtains, turn on and of lights each day helps create the appearance of someone always being home. And they can water your pants too!
- Leave a few lights on. When all the lights are off the entire time, its another obvious sign that nobody is home. A smart home security system will do this for you by setting scenes automatically.
- Don’t post your vacation on social media until you return. Criminals are turning to social media more and more to see when people are away on vacation.
Following these simple tips will help secure your home whether you are gone for the afternoon, the weekend, or a few weeks.
To add a remote control app that arms and disarms your system and controls the lights, and deadbolts, call 1-800-265-5317 or just CLICK HERE!