A recent Statscan report shows there were 200,000 break-ins in Canada, or 15% of all property related crimes. 61% of all break-ins in 2010 were residential; 28% were commercial. But, why is monitoring a security system important?
1. Home Automation
• Security systems are have come a long way in the last few years. They can be fully integrated with your lights, thermostat, & door lock creating a fully Connected Home.
2. Energy Management
• With a Connected Home, a security system can put your utilities into energy management mode. That helps you to go green by reducing your carbon footprint.
3. Save Money on bills
• When your utilities are managed through automation, home owners can see a saving of up to 20% on the bills over the course of a year.
4. Save On Home Owner’s Insurance
• Most insurance companies offer a discount between 5%-20% on homeowners insurance for houses equipped with monitored security systems.
5. Door Chimes
• Even when you are home and the system is off, it will inform you when a door a window opens with a little dinging sound. The kids can’t sneak out. Their friends can’t sneak in. And if the family pet nudges a door open you will know right away.
6. Life Safety
• Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and flood sensors are an integral part of your home security protection.
7. Real Time Check-In
• Security systems can let you log on from anywhere and see exactly what’s going on in your home as a “nanny cam”, to check on your pets while you’re at work, or arm and disarm remotely.
8. Protect your belongings
• Whether you are traveling on vacation, at the cottage, or simply at work for the day, know that your home is secure with a monitored security system.
9. Peace of mind
• Having an alarm system in place will help you to rest easy knowing that your home and loved ones are better protected.
• If your alarm goes off, the monitoring service will alert the proper authorities or dial a list of numbers that you have supplied them to make sure everything is okay.
To learn about our Protect A Friend Program, call 1-800-265-5317, or just CLICK HERE.